12 Month Plan 2018-19
The Chamber is committed to working closely with the members to ensure the plan reflects member’s priorities and aspirations.
The plan will be updated as required providing an opportunity to evidence the achievements made by the Chamber and also to allow for revisions depending on members requirements and to ensure this plan accurately reflects the ever-changing business climate in Myanmar.
This document will act to guide us to deliver the outcomes that are most beneficial for our members and the Australian and Myanmar business communities at large.
Opportunities for members and the Chamber in this 2018- 2019 12 Month Plan include:
- Working in partnership with the Australian Government on a business delegation within Myanmar;
- Working in partnership with the Australian Government on a business delegation to Australia;
- Co-hosting events during Myanmar Women’s Week;
- Hosting a business networking event in Mandalay;
- Co-hosting a workshop on Finance good governance in Myanmar with TBAM;
- Delivering a Good Corporate Governance Series of seminars providing members with the opportunity to co-host an event with the Chamber in their relevant industry with a focus on promoting anti-corruption and transparency measures;
- Providing briefings and workshops to the Myanmar Government on the Position Paper “Incentivising Shared Value” developed by the Responsible Investment Working Group;
- Hosting eventsin conjunction with Austrade and UMFCCI;
- Co-hosting with Myanmar Young Entrepreneurs Association business matching conferences in Yangon and regional Myanmar;
- Opportunities to promote Australia’s responsible investment practices;
- Delivering capacity building seminars providing opportunities for members to co-host an event with the Chamber;
- Opportunities to engage with senior government leaders to positively influence public policy;
- Increased engagement with the Myanmar business community;
- Increased frequency of events across Australia providing members with the opportunity to showcase their Myanmar experience; and
- Increased volume of strategic events and briefings in both Australia and Myanmar.